Real Estate Website Marketing Ideas for 2016
While lead generation is high up on the priority list of every real estate agent, having overloaded inboxes with emails from potential clients and ears buzzing from ringing phones can be the ultimate goal or fantasy—it all depends on the real estate marketing ideas that are employed.
A good real estate marketer is aware that an inbound website should be the center of a worthy marketing campaign. And thought and process should be in check when considering the best real estate marketing tools. This is what was at the back of our minds as we marshaled together some of the best marketing ideas for real estate agents for 2016.
With the internet, we are afforded with a wealth of resources on how to market our businesses, generate real estate leads, and convert them to full-time clients. Websites and effective real estate marketing tools can now give your business that push that it needs to hit the big time. Now is not the time to dish out flyers to anonymous people ordisplay enormous billboards. It is time to test out the real estate marketing ideas that will book a place for you on the plane to the new horizons. Let’s dive in.
Real Estate Website Design and Development should be Lead Generation centric
Having a website merely serves as a starting point for your real estate marketing endeavors. It is possible to have one with no visitors at all. Some websites are just too horribly designed or slow that they turn off every visitor that happens to wander their way. This hurts the purpose that they are built for, which is to generate leads.
In development, it is safe to say that you should make your website as user friendly as you possibly can. If it is not up to par, you should start thinking about redesigning it otherwise the pot of gold gets further from your grasp. Your website needs to be responsive for all user agents. For the supreme cause of real estate lead generation, it has to meet the following criteria.
- It has to have a professional feel to it. A well designed layout directs user’s attention to the areas that matter on your website.
- The content management system (CMS) should be able integrate with most real estate marketing tools.
- It should have keyword rich content that can be used to lure the buyer into the sales cycle. The content should also be optimized for search engines.
- Calls-to-action on most pages.
- Social media sharing and follow buttons should be easy to find.
Real Estate Lead Capture for Websites
How do you turn a visitor into a potential lead? Yes, you have well designed website that is getting you a good number of hits from Google. How do you convert them into clients? Prepare squeeze pages on your website and have them commit their personal details including their name, email address, and phone number.
Squeeze pages can be made in various forms to suit your purpose, such as pop-ups, graphic, video, audio, or try-it-for free, but for the best real estate leads, use the discount squeeze page. Everybody loves a discount, especially in real estate. Clients will want to save money whether they are buying or selling property, so by offering them a discount upfront, you raise your conversion rates significantly.
Keep in mind that you cannot force someone into opting in for your services. That decision solely depends on them and it is even less likely to be in your favor if whatever you’re offering is unattractive. So make sure that your offer:
- Matches the client’s needs.
- Is not too aggressive.
- Emphasizes what the lead will get, rather than what they have to do to get it.
Real Estate Web Listings
I want to dive into this a little bit because I am sure it should be one of the most important steps in your real estate marketing philosophy. Your listing pages should be optimized with the appropriate local keywords, addresses in their right format, images, and functioning links.
They should be followed with well written copy and a blog post or a landing page to give more details. A listing should be treated as the fast opportunity at pitching to a client. Fill it with right adjectives and descriptive language. This will do more than winning you the best leads; it will improve the rank of your website in Google/Bing searches. Other ideas to explore include:
- Go for highly localized keywords in a fully blown blog post for every listing.
- Include videos of property for visual stimulation.
- Gather as much information about listings into snippets for your emails, newsletters, and social media outlets.
A Striking and Authoritative Personal Brand
The essence of personal branding is to tell the world what your journey has been like up to this point. To portray what makes you different from others and highlight your inspirations, experiences, qualifications, and career milestones.
Right next to your head-shot on your website; create a robust career bio that will complete this goal. Have it in one location, preferably on the “About me” page. It is from here that you can link it to social media, review sites and business directories. The best bios answer the following questions effectively:
- Who are you as a real estate agent? What makes you different?
- What do you have to offer in terms of services, skills, and talent?
- Are you credible? Why should I believe what you are saying?
- What are the benefits of working with you?
Real Estate Customer Referral Program is a must
Word of mouth is uncontested in lead generation in the real estate industry. 1 in 3 people that contact an agent are through a recommendation by a trusted companion, especially when it comes to first time home buyers. Also leads through referrals have a shorter sales cycle and their conversion and retention rates are incredible.
Despite the complexity in a lead’s purchasing decision, this whole mechanism plays a big role for you and your business. What you need to be thinking about is how to maximize it. Here are a few quick tips on how you can set yourself up with a customer referral program that wins, because believe it or not, it already exists; but not in a winning way.
- Scour the internet for your advocates. These are your clients who have taken it upon themselves to recommend your services on review sites and social media channels. Make it a point to thank them. These people have more power than you think.
- Incentivize your referral program. You can offer reduced fees on pre- and post-sale services and free products such as e-books for referrals. It is better to make the rewards and incentives tied to real estate.
- Simply provide slots on your website for your clients to leave referral leads. I recommend putting them next to all your call-to-actions.
- Have all your efforts automated. There are several data points and metrics that you will need to keep track of.
Real Estate Marketing Automation
It is easy to get caught up in the process of marketing and forget what your job is, not until the balance sheet screams. Real estate agents have to close on houses and search for more listings, all while keeping an eye out for their marketing strategy. =Your best option in this case is real estate marketing automation. Thanks to innovation, there has been a proliferation of tools in this space to assist you in the day to day running of your website and marketing objectives.
A wise decision is having an entire month’s work including blogs, announcements, newsletter, social media updates, and emails in an automated systems such as Hootsuite, or Buffer that will post them in the scheduled times. By doing this, you give yourself an opportunity to always be in front of your leads.
What’s more is that customer relationship management databases (CRMs) support most marketing automation options. This offers two exceptional perks:
- Storage of contact information and following up on leads is suddenly no longer problem.
- It is easier to gauge the position of your leads in the sales funnel.
- Response-able: when a lead executes on some piece of information that you put in front of them, response is immediate thus increasing lead engagement.
Real Estate Online Customer Support Service
Talking about increased lead engagement, what’s a better way to do it than by interacting you’re your leads in real time? I am talking “live chat.” Adding a human element to your website is the most effective way to convey importance and trust to possible clients.
It is also the best means to get to know the needs of your leads. As far as lead generation goes, the most effective real estate marketing technologies that have a positive ROI are Live Chat tools.
It is no mystery that first time buyers or sellers will use the agent that responds to them first. Putting yourself in this position gives you an advantage over the rest of the pack. There is no downside to integrating this tool into your overall online marketing plan. Matter of fact, here’s more on how it will impact your business.
- Sieve through leads easily and pick the quality ones. Not everyone that visits your website is a home buyer or seller. Some what the information that you provide for other reasons. By interacting with them, you get to know who wants your services.
- The frequently asked questions (FAQ) page is made up of a compilation of the questions that you get during chats with clients. This returns a high SEO value.
Adopting these real estate marketing ideas will help you build a consistent following and generate loads of traffic and leads to your website and hence boost your business. There are a lot more ideas that you can always do to improve your lead generation initiatives and we would love to hear them. Please share what you know in the comments.